My top ten must make freezer meals for new moms- or anyone looking to get ahead in the dinner department! Quick and easy meals to freeze like pasta, chicken, soup and more.
With less than three weeks before baby is supposed to make his arrival I am busy getting all of the last minute details in order- including stocking up on easy freezer meals! I struggle enough to get dinner on the table some nights without a newborn so I’m determined to have some of our favorites ready and waiting this time around. I’ve gathered ten freezable meals below to share with you- some crockpot meals, a few easy dump meals, and of course some freezer casseroles. These freezer recipes are perfect whether you’re expecting, wanting to gift a new Mom, or just looking to get ahead in the dinner game.
Top Ten Freezer Friendly Meals for New Moms (or anyone!):
- Homemade Chili– This is my favorite Homemade Chili recipe! We like it spicy, but you can always tone it down (especially if Mom is breastfeeding). It’s perfect to serve with cornbread or over hot dogs, fries, or rice. I also have a version of Chili with Beans if you prefer that, it would freeze wonderfully as well.
- Creamy Lasagna without Ricotta– I’ve come around on Ricotta- especially in my yummy Italian Stuffed Shells– but I still prefer this recipe for lasagna. It’s perfectly creamy and cheesy. This is my go-to recipe to take to families with a new little one. Grab a pre-mixed bag of salad and loaf of bread from the bakery and you’ve got dinner done!
- Southwest Chicken (Slow Cooker!)– This slow cooker/ freezer meal makes it in our meal rotation pretty regularly. My family loves it with cornbread. I love that you’re only five ingredients away from a delicious dinner.
- Chicken Rigatoni– Another five ingredient or less meal! Pick up a rotisserie chicken to make this recipe even easier. (And again, pairs well with salad and bread!)
- Taco Chili (Slow Cooker!)– An easy slow cooker/ freezer meal that can be tossed straight from the freezer into the crock pot. We serve it over corn chips (and extra cheese!).
- Chicken Pot Pie– This is one of my favorite comfort foods- definitely new mom worthy. I prefer to freeze the filling, let it thaw in the refrigerator, and then pour into a frozen (or homemade) pie crust when ready to bake.
- Pizza Dough– A great staple to keep in the freezer. This can be customized with endless toppings; we love to make chicken Alfredo pizza and taco pizza.
- Mexican Meatloaf– We aren’t big on regular meatloaf around here, but we all love this version full of Mexican flavors. Serve it with rice or scoop it up with tortilla chips.
- Beef and Vegetable Soup– Another comforting classic. I have a slow cooker version as well, but this recipe is my favorite. (I would freeze it without the noodles and add those when ready to serve.)
- Caramel French Toast– I know this one seems kind of randomly added to the list, but trust me, SO delicious. Perfect for a weekend breakfast or even for dinner.
Pasta also freezes and reheats really well. Don’t forget to check out my FREE eBook of 10 Delicious Pasta Recipes.