This Bacon Feta Penne Pasta is decadent and delicious! Penne pasta tossed in a cheesy, creamy sauce with feta and bacon. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I could eat pasta every night of the week. Unfortunately, my husband- and my waistline- don’t agree with me on that. When I do make pasta I want it to be the best thing I’ve ever eaten, every time; so I’m always experimenting with different ingredients, noodles, and sauces to keep things interesting… and delicious!
I think I’ve decided there’s always room for bacon in a pasta dish though, especially if there’s no other meat. This Bacon Feta Penne Pasta would be delicious with rotisserie chicken, or even spicy Italian sausage, but I love the subtle flavor and crunch that the bacon and breadcrumbs provide. The added feta brings an extra tang to the sauce.
I decided to use the Creamy Mozzarella Ragu® Sauce for this dish. Alfredo sauce would have been another winning choice, but I feel like we have that regularly at our house. Ragu® is an authentic Italian sauce with a rich taste and aroma, made the traditional way following a secret family recipe of slow-simmering vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and fragrant herbs. I trust Ragu® for my family because it contains no artificial flavors or colors and no high fructose corn syrup. Their Cheese Creations line of sauces are perfect over chicken or veggies!
Do you have a favorite recipe using Ragu®? Be sure to check out Ragu’s® “Ready. Set. Cook!” contest which challenges home cooks to create new and unique recipes featuring Ragu® and ingredients from a set list. Just use Ragu® as a key ingredient in a recipe for a family dinner while thinking outside of the box and challenging yourself to create a dish that goes beyond the expected. The contest starts 11/2/15 on Food.com/Ragu and runs until 11/30/15. The grand prize is $3000!
Bacon Feta Penne Pasta
- 1 lb Penne pasta
- 1 jar of Ragu® Creamy Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 8 slices bacon cooked and diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon as desired. (I like to bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix 4oz Feta with the Ragu® Creamy Mozzarella sauce and simmer over low heat to warm.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, combine the noodles and sauce.
- Transfer pasta to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining feta, breadcrumbs, and diced bacon.
- Place under the broiler on HI for 2-4 minutes, just until the feta is golden brown. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Looking for more great pasta recipes? Download my FREE Pasta eBook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu. The opinions and text are all mine.