These easy oven baked Egg Muffins with onion, peppers, and cheese are the perfect grab and go breakfast!
We love eggs in our house, and generally eat them for breakfast a few days each week. I make baked eggs regularly (like my Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta or Italian Baked Eggs), but I decided to switch it up and use a muffin tin to make these baked egg cups. These baked egg muffins with peppers and onions are quick to prepare and perfect to grab and go.
What’s in Egg Bake Muffins?
These breakfast egg muffins cups are easy to customize to suit whatever’s in your produce drawer. Here’s what I used for this batch of baked egg cups:
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Egg Bake Muffins
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Stir in peppers, onions, salt, and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture among six greased muffin cups.
- Sprinkle cheese over each breakfast egg muffin cup.
- Bake until the eggs are set.
How Long to Cook Egg Muffins?
These easy egg muffins need to bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the eggs are set.
Egg Muffins Variations to Try
I will sometimes use a prepared bag of frozen peppers and onions to make this dish even easier. More often than not I just reach into my refrigerator and pull out whatever veggies I have on hand. We always have snacking peppers, and spinach for smoothies, so those are my two go-to favorites.
Occasionally I will add in cooked meat, like cubed ham or breakfast sausage.
Can You Freeze Egg Bake Muffins?
Yes, very easily! Bake the egg muffins in the oven as directed, then let them cool completely before sealing in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. To reheat, warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds or reheat in the oven.
Tips for Making Baked Eggs in a Muffin Tin
- This baked egg cups recipe makes six regular sized egg muffins, but you can easily double this recipe.
- Mix and match vegetables and shredded cheeses to use up whatever is in the fridge.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to five days.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes:
- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Strata
- Creamy Baked Eggs
- Fluffy Waffles
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
- Simple Overnight Oats
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers and onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 oz shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and milk until light and fluffy.
- Stir in peppers, onions, salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between six muffin tins (about 1/3 cup each).
- Sprinkle cheese over each filled cup.
- Bake until eggs are set, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.