Pumpkin Apple Butter made with steamed apples and pumpkin puree. Make this quick recipe in a blender or food processor and then spread on biscuits or add to oatmeal!
I’ve been on a blender kick lately (making all the homemade salsa and creamy potato soup) and decided to recreate my favorite apple butter with a fall twist. This recipe is great for using leftover pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Apple Butter Ingredients
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this simple pumpkin apple butter:
- Steamed apples
- Pumpkin puree
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Maple syrup
How to Make Pumpkin Apple Butter
There are a few different methods when it comes to making apple butter. Some prefer to cook it low and slow in a slow cooker, while others let it simmer on the stove for hours. This recipe comes together in minutes in the blender.
- Core, peel, and dice the apples.
- Steam the apples for 8-10 minutes.
- Add apples and remaining ingredients to a blender.
- Pulse until desired consistency.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Apple Butter
Be careful not to over-blend your ingredients or the apple butter will be too thin. If you want something a little more chunky, try this Chai Spiced Applesauce or these simple Sautéed Cinnamon Apples.
I like this recipe even more the next day after the flavors have had time to marry in the refrigerator. Spread it over warm, fresh bread or add it to your favorite creamy oatmeal.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- 2 apples peeled and steamed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- Core, peel, and dice your apples.
- Steam them for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Use within 10-14 days.