This Buttermilk Cornbread pairs perfectly with cold weather food! Serve with a delicious crockpot meal, soup, or homemade chili.
It is finally cornbread weather and I am SO happy. I don’t think I’ve ever appreciated Fall as much as I am this year. Now that I am constantly outside taking our new puppy out every few hours, I’m really starting to enjoy the cool grass and crisp air. It would be awesome if this weather stuck around for awhile, but it always seems like we get cheated out of a true Fall here in Texas. Some years at Halloween we will be bundled up with coats over our costumes, and some years it’s still 90 degrees out and we are sweating!
This buttermilk cornbread pairs perfectly with Fall food! It’s a quick and simple recipe, and it makes a lot. If you are looking for something to eat with this cornbread try my 10 Freezer Crock-Pot Meals; or make a batch of my favorite Homemade Chili (without beans) or my husband’s favorite Homemade Chili with Beans.
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs one at a time mixing completely after each one.
- Add in half the flour mixture followed by half the milk, mix completely.
- Add in remaining milk and flour mixture, beat until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown.
If you like Buttermilk Cornbread, you may also like: