This Mexican Meatloaf is an easy, five ingredient, one pot wonder. Delicious served over rice or scooped up with chips!
I think I have my seasons messed up. I’ve been begging for warmer weather, and it is definitely here, yet I only seem to be cooking cold weather food- like my favorite chicken pot pie. This Mexican Meatloaf is great for a cold night, or a busy week night, or really just for any night!
It’s super easy to make and packed with flavor. We love to scoop it up with tortilla chips or serve it over white rice, but it would also be delicious with a loaf of crusty French bread. I’ve never tried it, but I bet it would be yummy inside lettuce wraps also! This recipe freezes well and reheats nicely. It’s definitely going on my list of freezer meals to make for before baby comes. It’s a great casserole for a crowd or to gift to a new Mama. (Check out this list of my favorite freezer meals for new Moms.)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cayenne (optional)
- 10 oz small can of tomato sauce
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 10 3/4 oz can chicken and rice soup
- 8 oz taco sauce
- 4 oz green chilis
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the meat until fully cooked. Drain, and add the spices.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking dish with tortillas. (I like to tear mine in half first)
- Fill the pan with the meat sauce mixture.
- Top generously with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.