This Mexican Meatloaf is an easy, five-ingredient, one-pot wonder. Delicious served over rice or scooped up with chips!
I think I have my seasons messed up. I’ve been begging for warmer weather, and it is definitely here, yet I only seem to be cooking cold weather food (like my favorite chicken pot pie). This Mexican Meatloaf is great for a cold night, or a busy week night, or really just for any night!
It’s super easy to make and packed with flavor. We love to scoop it up with tortilla chips or serve it over white rice, but it would also be delicious with a loaf of crusty French bread. I’ve never tried it, but I bet it would be yummy inside lettuce wraps also!
This recipe freezes well and reheats nicely. It’s definitely going on my list of freezer meals to make before the baby comes. It’s a great casserole for a crowd or to gift to a new Mama. (Check out this list of my favorite freezer meals for new Moms.)
What’s Needed for Mexican Meatloaf?
To make this quick meatloaf recipe, you’ll need:
- Ground beef
- Tomato sauce
- Cream of chicken soup
- Taco sauce
- Canned green chiles
- Shredded cheese
How to Make Mexican Meatloaf
- Brown the ground beef, drain off any excess fat, then stir in the spices.
- Stir in tomato sauce, soup, taco sauce, and green chiles.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with tortillas, then add the meat mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Meatloaf?
This easy meatloaf recipe needs to bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Can You Freeze Meatloaf?
Yes! To freeze: cook as directed, allow to cool, cover with plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To reheat: thaw in the refrigerator overnight, bake in the oven at 350F until the center is hot (usually up to 45 minutes).
Our Favorite Meatloaf Sides
Not sure what side dishes to serve with meatloaf? Here are a few of my family’s favorites:
- Mango Salsa and Chips
- Queso Fresco Guacamole
- Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Restaurant-Style Salsa
- Chipotle Corn Salsa
Tips for Making Mexican Meatloaf
- We prefer using ground beef in this recipe, but I’m sure ground turkey could be substituted.
- Use corn or flour tortillas to make this recipe. Both will work!
- Note that taco sauce isn’t the same as salsa. I buy the El Paso brand from my local supermarket.
More Ground Beef Dinner Recipes:
- Italian Stuffed Shells
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
- Lasagna without Ricotta Cheese
- Chili Cornbread Pie
- Southwest Chili Mac
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cayenne (optional)
- 10 oz small can of tomato sauce
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 10 3/4 oz can chicken and rice soup
- 8 oz taco sauce
- 4 oz green chilis
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the meat until fully cooked. Drain, and add the spices.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking dish with tortillas. (I like to tear mine in half first)
- Fill the pan with the meat sauce mixture.
- Top generously with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.