Make your fav Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa at home- just like Chipotle. Great with burritos, tacos, chips, or just as a side dish.
I’ve always been a HUGE fan of Chipotle and fully support their way of doing business (locally sourced, hormone/antibiotic free, moving towards non-gmo, etc) Chipotle is definitely my go-to “fast food” when I don’t feel like cooking.
The Chipotle by my house is always crazy busy, like line out the door busy, so I’ve learned to order online and skip the wait. The other day I ordered online, excitedly rushed home, opened my burrito bowl, and noticed they forgot my roasted chili corn salsa. Not gonna lie, I was pretty devastated. I realized then how EASY it would be to make my own.
Note: I use Birds Eye Steamfresh Pure & Simple Gold & White Corn. I love the convenience and steam fresh taste. You could also use roasted fresh corn on the cob and cut off the kernels. (Or even frozen corn like I use in my Creamed Corn recipe.) I also use a yellow onion- 1) because it’s what I had, and 2) because red onions aren’t my favorite. Feel free to swap this out.
- 12 oz Corn cook as directed
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2-4 tbsp lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 scallion diced
- 1-2 jalapeños diced (remove seeds unless you like it really spicy)
- chipotle chili powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate for about an hour.