This Beef Enchilada Dip is a super easy and delicious appetizer. Perfect for game day parties or get-togethers.
Raise your hand if you care more about the Game Day menu than you do about which two teams are playing in the big game. You’ve come to the right place then, my friend! Bite-sized eats and appetizers are my favorite things about watching parties. It’s like getting to eat all of your favorites, but in smaller portions so it’s totally acceptable.
It’s a fairly regular thing for me to order a smorgasbord of appetizers instead of an entree at a restaurant because I have a hard time narrowing it down to just one choice! One of my favorite restaurants serves a delicious chili con queso dip that I’m pretty sure I could polish off all by myself. We order a big bowl of it for the table to “share” every time we go there.
I decided to combine my favorite appetizer with my favorite entree and created this Beef Enchilada Dip.
What’s in Enchilada Dip?
To make this Mexican ground beef dip, all you’ll need is:
- Ground beef
- Enchilada sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
How to Make Beef Enchilada Dip
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, then drain.
- Add in onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and some of the cheese.
- Remove from heat, then top with remaining cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Can I Prep This Dip in Advance?
This dip comes together so quickly that there’s really no need to prep anything in advance. However, you can certainly brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic ahead of time and store in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the dip. Then, it’s just a matter of stirring everything together and broiling.
Can I Make This in the Crockpot?
Easily! Brown the ground beef as instructed, then add to a Crockpot along with the enchilada sauce and a little cheese. Once warmed through, sprinkle more cheese on top and keep warm while guests help themselves.
Tips for Making This Easy Mexican Dip
- You can serve anything you’d like with this beef enchilada dip. Pretty much anything pairs well with melted cheese, enchilada sauce, and ground beef! My personal favorite is tortilla chips and guacamole.
- For a spicier enchilada dip, use a spicy enchilada sauce.
- I prefer using ground beef in this cheesy Mexican dip, but ground turkey or chicken will also work.
More Easy Appetizers:
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- Fried Ravioli with Spicy Marinara
- Easy Spicy Ranch Pretzels
- Honey Chipotle Meatballs
- Sausage, Bean, & Spinach Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 oz enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup onion , diced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain.
- Add in onion and garlic, cook until tender or about 3 minutes.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and 2oz cheese, simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with remaining cheese and place under broiler until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, diced green onions, avocados, etc and serve with chips.
Monday 2nd of September 2019
This was super easy. Loved the cheese!! But the hamburger with no spices was totally boring. I always follow the instructions on a new recipe. Next time I’ll try it with some taco seasoning and definitely a spicier enchilada sauce. Thank you for sharing!
Friday 17th of August 2018
This dip was delicious! I made it exactly as written and there is never any left. I put it in an oblong shallow crockpot once everything is mixed together. The cheese melts and I put some dollops of sour cream all over along with the green onion. It’s tasty, easy and never a leftover!
Friday 17th of August 2018
Great idea to put it in the crockpot!!
Monday 8th of February 2016
This recipe looks delicious and so easy even I can make it. Thanks for sharing it on the #HomeMattersParty
Rose | RoseBakes.com
Saturday 6th of February 2016
Oh my gosh - this looks soo good! Thanks for sharing at the Delicious Dishes Linky Party!
Monday 1st of February 2016
What a perfectly fun idea! We would love this!