These Fried Ravioli are perfectly poppable and shareable as an appetizer or game day eat, but filling enough to serve with a salad for dinner.
Pasta is a regular staple in our house; I think I could eat it every single day. It’s no secret that I love it; I’ve shared over a dozen of our favorite pasta recipes here and even have a free pasta eBook. I love switching it up with out of the box ingredients or methods so that we don’t get bored of the same spaghetti and sauce variation.
These Fried Ravioli are deliciously crunchy little pillows of cheese goodness. Almost like a lighter, bite-sized mozzarella stick. Perfectly poppable and shareable as an appetizer or game day eat, but filling enough to serve with a salad for dinner.
The kids are always excited about any opportunity to eat with their fingers and love to dip their bites in sauce. The Ragu® Spicy Italian Style is one of my favorites from their line of sauces and is the perfect pairing for these Fried Ravioli. It’s a definite win around our family dinner table.
- 9 oz refrigerated cheese ravioli (about 40 small)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups spicy marinara
- Oil for frying
- Let the ravioli and eggs come to room temperature.
- Pour about 1in oil in a large frying pan; heat to 350 degrees.
- Use a fork to break the feta into small, uniform crumbles.
- Mix the feta, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning together in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk the two eggs together in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dredge each ravioli in the eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Set each coated ravioli on a wire rack.
- Repeat until all ravioli are coated.
- Fry the raviolis for about 3 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Take them out when they are nicely golden brown on each side, they will puff up slightly.
- Serve with warmed marinara.