These Cinnamon Twists are full of spicy cinnamon flavor, brown sugar, and crunchy pecans. A delicious breakfast or dessert treat. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
As the weather (finally) starts to cool here in Texas, we are entering into my favorite time of year. Decorating for Halloween is probably my favorite, but Thanksgiving as a whole is definitely my favorite holiday. I love that the sole focus is just about spending time with family, no added stress and overwhelming chaos of presents, etc like at Christmas. Yep, just spending time with family… and sharing a delicious meal, of course.
This year I actually kind of cheated on Thanksgiving. Knowing that I was going to be uncomfortably huge at nine months pregnant this November, I talked my family in to making Thanksgiving dinner in May. I told my husband it was all I wanted for Mother’s Day and he convinced my mom to make all of my favorites- like yeast rolls and my Mia’s Southern Style Cornbread Dressing.
I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to fully enjoy the Thanksgiving spread between the unforgiving heartburn and running out of room! I still plan to at least eat a few bites of all of my favorites in a few weeks and I will definitely be bringing these easy, five-ingredient Cinnamon Twists. I made them tonight using Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls from Walmart and I seriously could.not.stop eating them!
I use Crescent Roll dough in some of my most popular recipes- like my Breakfast Cheesecake and Pumpkin Cheesecake Rolls– and knew they would be perfect for these Cinnamon Twists. Flaky, golden, buttery, soft and full of two of my favorite fall flavors: cinnamon and pecans. Any variety of Pillsbury Crescent Dough will work for these- Crescent Rolls, Crescent Rounds, or Seamless Dough. We always have at least one of those in our refrigerator at all times.
The Crescent Rounds are nice because the slices are already pre-cut into uniform size for you, but you can use a serrated knife to cut the other varieties as well. Try to keep the twists tight and pinch the ends closed to seal in the yummy sugar mixture.
- 1 tube Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls or Rounds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll out the crescent dough into one large rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, pecans, and cinnamon.
- Generously sprinkle the buttered dough with the sugar mixture.
- Carefully fold the dough in half from left to right (sugar mixture inside).
- Use a serrated knife or pizza cutter to cut into equal slices.
- Twist each slice twice and press the end closed.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.