This giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe is made in just one bowl, no stand mixer needed! Big enough to share, delicious enough to eat alone. Top with a scoop of ice cream for an easy dessert.
Alice from Hip Foodie Mom posted a picture of this Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie along with the recipe on Instagram two weeks ago. I gave it a quick double-tap and then continued on with my scrolling. As the day went on though I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Being nine months pregnant leaves you highly susceptible to the power of suggestion when it comes to food, and suddenly, I needed to have this cookie a.s.a.p.!
I made it later that evening after James and the kids had gone to church and I was home alone. Because let’s be honest, I had no intention of sharing this giant cookie with anyone. I also had no intention of posting the recipe here but then I made it for a second time in the same week and decided that this deliciousness needed to be shared. And by shared I mean that you need to make your own… because I’m still not sharing mine.
Alice made hers with half semi-sweet chips and half peanut butter chips, but I didn’t have any peanut butter ones so I went for all chocolate chip. You could easily toss in whatever you have on hand; it would be delicious with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts!! It reminds me of the infamous “pizookie” at one of my favorite restaurants.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and both sugars in a large bowl.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into 8-10in cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and center is set.