Tired of dry “protein cookies” that taste artificial sweetened? These chocolate chip protein cookies taste just like the real thing but with added protein!
I’m always looking for ways to add more protein to my diet- whether to fuel and recover from my workouts or just in daily life chasing around three kids. I always add a scoop to my favorite smoothies and protein shakes, but I’ve wanted to find ways to incorporate it into baking and other recipes.
I decided to try adding some into a cookie recipe and the result was DELICIOUS. I’ve had similar “protein cookies” before and they were dry and usually had an overwhelmingly artificial sweetener taste. These cookies taste just like the real thing but with the benefit of added protein!
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a food processor to finely grind one cup of the oats into a flour.
- Combine ground and whole oats, protein powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop cookies into balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Slightly pat the cookies down with your hand, as they don't spread too much on their own.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the bottoms are just lightly starting to brown.