These Strawberry Banana Muffins are so moist and delicious. Perfect for breakfast on the go!
We love strawberries in our house. My oldest loves all berries, but strawberries are one of the few fruits I really like. We switched to buying all organic produce a few months ago and since then I’ve noticed that there is a big difference in shelf life between conventional vs organic fruits. When I see we have some fruit about to go bad I whip up a batch of these Strawberry Banana Muffins. These muffins are also a great alternative to making bread when you have bananas that need to be used quickly. (Though this Strawberry Bread is another favorite!)
I love that this makes a smaller batch and although I haven’t tried it, I imagine these would freeze really well. You could use different fruits (like raspberry or blueberry) and even add in chocolate chips or nuts. I happened to have a lemon I needed to use up so I also added some lemon zest to the tops of these, but that is obviously optional.
For more delicious strawberry recipes, try my:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees and lighlty spray your muffin tins.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the honey and brown sugar together until thick but smooth.
- Add the mashed banana, yogurt, beaten egg, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk slowly, this will thin the batter.
- Gently fold in the strawberries last. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin tins and fill almost all the way to the top.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.