This Caramelized Pecan Brie is the perfect appetizer and sweet alternative to a traditional cheeseball. You won’t be able to stop at just one bite!
I served this baby at a party I hosted last weekend, and I’ve already made it again just to snack on while cooking dinner. I wasn’t even sure I liked brie, but after seeing Ashton talk about it so much lately, I decided to give it a try. I had the same oh-my-gosh where has this been all my life reaction. Ashton mentioned her fav way to eat it is with brown sugar and pecans, and that is exactly what I did. Trust me, even if you’ve never tried brie, be brave and make this- you won’t regret it.
I served this with plain, buttery crackers. I love wheat crackers for cheeseballs, but I prefer the lighter flavor of the buttery crackers for this. Seriously you could forget the crackers all together and just serve this Caramelized Pecan Brie with a spoon and I promise no one will care. Would also be great served with apple slices. Yum.
This is my new go-to for serving at (and taking to) parties. Requires about 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make and is a definite crowd pleaser.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 wheel brie cheese
- Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir constantly until the butter is completely melted and mixture begins to soft boil.
- Allow to boil gently without stirring for one minute.
- Working quickly, remove from heat and immediately stir in salt and baking soda.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and mound the warm mixture on top of the brie.