These Chewy Chocolate Cookies are one of my favorites because they are so easy to make and freeze really well. They’re my go-to when I’m craving something quick and chocolately and also when I need to make a big batch for a crowd. I love cookies that have crisp edges and chewy centers, and these cookies are just that.
Toss in some chocolate chips to add more chocolate flavor or sandwich around a giant scoop of ice cream for a perfect ice cream cookie sandwich. These are my go-to cookies to gift for friends or neighbors. The kids like to drizzle them with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
Pro tip: Roll the cookie dough balls in granulated sugar before baking. I use a medium cookie scoop to make these chewy chocolate cookies uniform in size. Let them rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire baking sheet to fully cool. They will continue to bake for the perfect gooey, chocolately, consistency.
This is also the same base recipe I use to make my Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies.
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream softened butter and sugar; blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and gradually add to the mixer.
- Drop by spoonful (I use a small cookie scoop) into a small bowl of sugar and roll to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Let stand on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes until no longer puffy.
- Remove to cooling rack.
You can find more delicious chocolate recipes here: