These easy Reese’s Pieces Cookies are ready in under 20 minutes! Perfect for when a late-night chocolate craving hits.
These Reese’s cookies combine two of my greatest loves: chocolate and peanut butter. I was surprised how much peanut butter flavor these had. I also felt like the Reese’s Pieces packed more of a “crunch” than their cousin, M&M’s.
What’s Needed for Reese’s Pieces Cookies?
This Reese’s cookie recipe calls for minimal ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Reese’s Pieces
How to Make Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, then gently fold in the Reese’s Pieces.
- Scoop the dough into balls. Drop onto a baking tray.
- Bake until done.
How to Store Reese’s Cookies
I recommend storing these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last about 5 days. You can also freeze the baked cookies and reheat them when you’re craving something sweet.
Can I Add Other Mix-Ins?
Most likely, yes! You can mix and match mix-ins as you see fit. Pair the Reese’s Pieces with M&M’s, chocolate chips, peanuts, you name it. You can add up to 14 oz. mix-ins total (about 2 cups).
Tips for Making Reese’s Chocolate Cookies
- I like to roll all of my cookies in sugar before baking them, like my traditional Chewy Chocolate Cookies. I forgot to do that this time, but I totally recommend it!
- I prefer making these with a larger cookie scoop than I usually use, you know, more room for all those Reese’s Pieces!
- Be careful not to over bake the cookies. Keep in mind that the cookies will continue to set as they cool on the baking sheet.
More Simple Cookie Recipes:
- Mom’s Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Graham Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Butterscotch Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter , softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 oz pkg Reese’s Pieces
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces.
- Drop with cookie scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes. (Do not over bake!)
- The cookies will be soft and will continue baking on the pan. Remove from pan after 1-2 minutes and cool on wire rack.
Thursday 29th of September 2016
i have made these cookies for YEARS! just never thought to put the Reeses's pieces in them. they are quick and easy and absolutely delicious. thanks for the reminder!
Monday 19th of September 2016
Those look yummy! My son would love them. Pinning to try! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty
Monday 5th of October 2015
Love these cookies! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!
Tuesday 28th of May 2013
Was it supposed to be 1 1/4 sticks rather than cups of butter??
Friday 14th of September 2018
I am wondering the same thing. The texture of these are off. Also, I wish I knew the size of scoop used. It would help with the accuracy of the baking time. Great flavor combo though!
Thursday 18th of October 2012
Yum, yum, and YUM!