Have I mentioned that Sophia sleeps all day and is up all night? Have I also mentioned that I can’t sleep at night anymore even if I want to– not during those few precious hours until 2am, not even on the nights that James stays up with her. So what is the logical solution? Baking.
These cookies combine two of my greatest loves: chocolate and peanut butter. I was surprised how much peanut butter flavor these had. I also felt like the Reese’s Pieces packed more of a “crunch” than their cousin the M&M.
Usually I roll all of my cookies in sugar before baking them, like my traditional Chewy Chocolate Cookies, but let’s be real… I was baking these Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Cookies at 1am… so feel free to add that step when you bake these at a reasonable hour. I also prefer these with a larger cookie scoop than I usually use, you know, more room for all those Reese’s Pieces! 🙂
Reese's Pieces Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 14 oz pkg Reese’s Pieces
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces.
- Drop with cookie scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. (Do not over bake!)
- The cookies will be soft and will continue baking on the pan. Remove from pan after 1-2 minutes and cool on wire rack.
Find more easy and delicious cookie recipes here: