These easy Reese’s Pieces Cookies are ready in under 20 minutes! Perfect for when a late-night chocolate craving hits.
These Reese’s cookies combine two of my greatest loves: chocolate and peanut butter. I was surprised how much peanut butter flavor these had. I also felt like the Reese’s Pieces packed more of a “crunch” than their cousin, M&M’s.
What’s Needed for Reese’s Pieces Cookies?
This Reese’s cookie recipe calls for minimal ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Reese’s Pieces
How to Make Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, then gently fold in the Reese’s Pieces.
- Scoop the dough into balls. Drop onto a baking tray.
- Bake until done.
How to Store Reese’s Cookies
I recommend storing these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last about 5 days. You can also freeze the baked cookies and reheat them when you’re craving something sweet.
Can I Add Other Mix-Ins?
Most likely, yes! You can mix and match mix-ins as you see fit. Pair the Reese’s Pieces with M&M’s, chocolate chips, peanuts, you name it. You can add up to 14 oz. mix-ins total (about 2 cups).
Tips for Making Reese’s Chocolate Cookies
- I like to roll all of my cookies in sugar before baking them, like my traditional Chewy Chocolate Cookies. I forgot to do that this time, but I totally recommend it!
- I prefer making these with a larger cookie scoop than I usually use, you know, more room for all those Reese’s Pieces!
- Be careful not to over bake the cookies. Keep in mind that the cookies will continue to set as they cool on the baking sheet.
More Simple Cookie Recipes:
- Mom’s Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Graham Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Butterscotch Cookies
Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter , softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 oz pkg Reese’s Pieces
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces.
- Drop with cookie scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes. (Do not over bake!)
- The cookies will be soft and will continue baking on the pan. Remove from pan after 1-2 minutes and cool on wire rack.