I feel like I really failed you when photographing these cookies. I didn’t save any white chocolate chips to add to the tops before baking. I remembered as I was mixing in the nuts and chocolate, but it was too late. So now you’re left with plain, chunky, mounds of brown cookies haha. The good news though- still taste delicious!
I would probably tell you that chocolate chip is my favorite, but when given the option, I will usually always pick a white chocolate macadamia if it’s available. The PTA used to sell fresh, hot cookies at my volleyball games during high school, and there was nothing better than a white chocolate macadamia cookie for the ride home. You know… restoring my carbs (& protein) after a strenuous workout. 🙂
You don’t need to have just played a game of volleyball to enjoy these cookies, just grab a big glass of milk instead.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixer.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the mounds of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a knife or spatula to gently press down on the mounds (these will not flatten much during baking).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until just lightly brown on the bottom of the cookies.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Saturday 15th of November 2014
Hello cute lady! This looks incredible. Pinned. We really appreciate you taking the time to stop by our party. It wouldn't be a party without you. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls
Thursday 13th of November 2014
These are my mother's favorite cookies, I'll have to make these for her! :) Thanks for sharing!