I’ve partnered with Price*s® to bring you this delicious snack idea, but all opinions are my own!
One of my favorite things about the holidays is all of the delicious food. Comforting classics, quick bites and appetizers you can’t stop eating even though you know you should to save room, and of course, DESSERT. It feels like we’re just recovering from all of the Thanksgiving celebrations when it’s time to start thinking Christmas!
My Mom served a Mac & Cheese at Thanksgiving that we all couldn’t get enough of, it may have even upstaged the turkey. We usually serve a simple macaroni and cheese for all the kiddos to have something familiar on their plates, but this year even the adults were getting seconds! I’ve been craving it since, so I decided to make some but add a southern twist using Price*s® Southern Style Pimiento Cheese Spread.
I opted to use the Spicy Jalapeno blend to add a new flavor and bite to the dish. It’s the same mayonnaise based brand you remember as a kid, now available at Walmart (in the refrigerated section near the cream cheese) in two new Southern Styles- Original and Spicy Jalapeno. Perfect for mid-week snacking between holiday meals, or to incorporate into some of your favorite classic holiday recipes. Adding it to my mac and cheese recipe definitely upped the creamy, cheesy flavor and added some kick! If you like this recipe, you should try my Three-Ingredient Spicy Tuna Melt.
- 8 oz Great Value Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 container Price*s® Southern Style Spicy Jalapeno Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 4 oz sharp cheddar grated
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- 1 sleeve of snack crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the pasta according to directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Add container of Price*s® Pimiento Cheese, milk, and grated cheeses to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and incorporated; toss with pasta.
- Pour into 2qt baking dish and top with crushed crackers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crackers are toasted.
For an extra fun take on mac and cheese- turn it into a quick, bite-sized appetizer! Toast slices of day-old French bread, top with the Spicy Pimiento Cheese Mac, and sprinkle with sliced green onions. This would also be delish with some bacon on top as well! Now the adults don’t have to feel so bad about stealing all of the mac and cheese from the kids. 🙂
Use the store locator on the Price*s Cheese website to find product near you.