This Raspberry Lime Agua Fresca is one of our favorite non-alcoholic summertime drinks. So refreshing and easy to make at home! We love to customize this recipe with whatever fruit we have on hand.
What is an Agua Fresca?
Agua Fresca (Spanish for “fresh water”) is a refreshing (non-alcoholic) drink and perfect way to get in those recommended glasses of water each day. Similar to a smoothie with pureed fruit, however Agua Fresca recipes use more water.
Agua Frescas are popular in Mexico and Central America and come in a variety of different combinations of fruits, cereals, flowers, or seeds. The best part of making them at home is that you can customize the flavor combinations for your taste.
Customize your own Agua Fresca
Raspberry lime is one of our favorite flavor combos but this drink would also be delicious with whatever fresh or frozen fruit you have on hand, like mangos or pineapples. If you are using a fruit that has seeds, like raspberries, make sure to pour the puree through a strainer before serving.
- 6 oz frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 12oz cans lime flavored sparkling water chilled
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Combine raspberries, cranberry juice, and sugar in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a sieve to remove any seeds.
- Add 1/4 cup of blended fruit puree to a glass.
- Fill glass with 1 can of lime sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime wedges or slices as desired.
Find more delicious drink recipes here.