This Spicy Chicken Salad recipe is perfect when you just want to make a single serving or one sandwich instead of a big batch.
My husband is a big fan of chicken salad. The rest of the family, not so much. Which is why I created this Single Serve Spicy Chicken Salad recipe. He rarely makes any requests in the kitchen, so when he does, I am happy to oblige!
We always keep a batch of hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator. (Pro tip: save an empty egg carton to label “hardboiled” so that you don’t mix them up with your regular eggs.) They are a quick snack option and full of protein and vitamins. Plus, having them ready to go makes whipping up a batch of spicy chicken salad for one super easy.
We love to put buffalo sauce on everything (like my Buffalo Style Mozzarella Pork Chops). It adds a little heat and a lot of flavor to this homemade chicken salad!
Ingredients for Spicy Chicken Salad
This a simple chicken salad, but it’s packed with flavor! Here’s what goes into it:
- Cooked chicken
- Red onion
- Hard boiled eggs
- Hot sauce (like Frank’s)
How to Make Spicy Chicken Salad
- Finely chop the chicken, red onion, pickle, and hard boiled egg.
- Add chopped ingredients to a bowl and gently mix in the mayonnaise.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
Can You Double This Recipe?
Easily! Simply multiply the ingredients by however many sandwiches you want to make. Though when I need to make a big batch, I typically just use this recipe for Chicken Salad with Grapes instead.
Can You Freeze Chicken Salad?
Yes, but mayo becomes grainy and separates once frozen so I don’t like freezing this homemade chicken salad.
Tips for Making Homemade Chicken Salad
- Having meal prepped or rotisserie chicken on hand makes whipping up a batch of spicy chicken salad even easier!
- For a creamier chicken salad, add more mayo.
- Add as much hot sauce as you’d like to your spicy chicken salad.
More Quick Lunch Recipes:
- Three-Ingredient Spicy Tuna Melt
- Classic Chicken Salad
- “Leftover” Spaghetti for One
- Havarti and Apricot Grilled Cheese
- 4-Ingredient Baked Chicken Rigatoni
- 4 oz cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1/2 pickle
- 1 hardboiled egg
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp red hot sauce (like Frank's)
- Finely chop the chicken, red onion, pickle, and hardboiled egg.
- Add chopped ingredients to a bowl and gently mix in the mayonnaise (use slightly more or less depending on the desired consistency).
- Add red hot sauce to taste.
This post is sponsored by Great Day Farms but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thalia @ butter and brioche
Friday 18th of July 2014
what an awesome idea.. definitely perfect for lunch!
Wednesday 16th of July 2014
Oh wow this looks so yummy! I am the lone lover of chicken salad here, so this is Wonderful!
Wednesday 16th of July 2014
This looks so so good! Thank you so much for sharing!