This Cheeseburger Soup is a cold weather classic. This delicious slow cooker recipe can be made ahead of time and placed in the frozen for later use. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Market Street.
This Cheeseburger Soup is a go-to family favorite when the temperature starts to cool or when one of us is feeling under the weather. It’s cheesy and full of flavor and I love to serve it with a big, crusty loaf of bread or buttermilk cornbread.
This soup reheats really well the next day which I’m always a fan of. That also makes it perfect for gifting to neighbors or friends that might also be feeling the effects of cold and flu season. Package it up in one of my favorite to-go containers (these also freeze great!) and tuck it inside of a little “cold fighting care package” with O Organics® items like hot tea, crackers, and chicken noodle soup and cold relief products from the Signature Care™ line, available in the Allen area exclusively at Market Street and United Supermarkets. Market Street is a unique, one-stop shopping experience that combines your everyday grocery needs with the gourmet and specialty items, whole-health products, and freshly prepared foods.
When I was shopping ingredients to make this Cheeseburger Soup I went ahead and stocked up my medicine cabinet with necessities to make it through the winter as well- like the pharmacist recommended Signature Care™ Cold/Flu Softgels Day/Night Combo Packs and my favorite Honey Lemon Signature Care Cough Drops.
I buy Signature products at my local Market Street; you can also find them at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, Albertsons Market and Carrs/Safeway. I try to buy the exclusive line of effective and affordable Signature Care items because I’ve found they provide the same quality and relief that national name brands do, but at a better value. I also like that all Signature products come with a 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back promise.
I know you might be skimming the recipe thinking that you (or your kiddos) hate tomatoes but don’t leave them out because it will change the flavor. I don’t always love them either, but they’re easy to pick around if it’s an issue. I like to assemble this Cheeseburger Soup ahead of time and keep it on hand in the freezer (just be sure to cook the meat first). Utilizing my freezer and my slow cooker are my secret weapons when I’m feeling sick and not up to making dinner!
- 1 pound ground beef, fully cooked
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups O Organics beef broth
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces O Organics cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- Fully cook the ground beef. Peel and dice the potatoes into bite sized chunks. Roughly chop the onion.
- Place all ingredients (except shredded cheese, flour, and milk) in a freezer bag and mix well. Freeze until ready. (Remember, the meat should be fully cooked. Allow it to cool slightly before adding to the bag.)
- Cook on low for 8 hours. 30 minutes prior to serving, whisk ¼ cup flour and 1 cup milk until no lumps remain and stir into the soup.
- Add cheese and stir again.
- Cover and continue cooking until soup is thickened, about 30 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Market Street.