Caramel Apple Dip is a deliciously creamy dessert that tastes like your favorite fall treat without all the mess! This Caramel Apple Dip recipe is perfect served with cookies or fruit.
The weather is finally starting to drop in Texas which means it is time to bring out all the apple desserts! I may not be a big fan of traditional apple pie (I much prefer pecan pie or pumpkin pie) but I do love a good apple dessert.
This caramel apple dip is a new favorite… I mean who doesn’t love a recipe that starts with a brick of cream cheese?? More of my favorite apple desserts:
Caramel Apple Dip Ingredients
Like my yummy Pumpkin Dip, this Caramel Apple Dip recipe only needs a handful of ingredients.
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- English Toffee Bits (for topping)
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip
To make this caramel apple dip recipe, you will start by making your own homemade caramel sauce. It only takes a few minutes and the extra effort is so worth it.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, salt, and heavy whipping cream together in a saucepan until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla before setting aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of caramel sauce and beat until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 15-20 minutes before topping with more caramel sauce and toffee bits.
Tips to Make Caramel Apple Dip
Don’t add all of the caramel sauce to the cream cheese mixture, make sure that you only mix in 1/2 cup before refrigerating and save the rest to use as a topping just before serving. I like to snack on any extra caramel sauce with apple slices or spoon over ice cream!
What to Serve with Caramel Apple Dip
I love to serve this caramel apple dip with different cookies and fruits. This dip is a perfect addition to a dessert or charcuterie board. Add the dip to the center of the board and fill in the rest of the space with:
- Cookies – graham crackers, gingersnaps, shortbread cookies
- Apples – pears would also be yummy
- Nuts – pecans or walnuts would be a yummy addition
- Pretzels – rods or twists, we also like the pretzel thins
- Candy – a fun addition to a dessert board
More Apple Recipes
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup caramel sauce recipe below
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Heath English Toffee Bits found in the baking aisle or chop a candy bar into small pieces
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, salt and heavy whipping cream.
- Bring to boil and cook stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce and beat until smooth.
- Add cream cheese mixture to serving bowl or jar.
- Place in refrigerator to chill about 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon remaining caramel sauce over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of toffee bits and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.