This recipe is sponsored by Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #EasterwithPillsbury
I think we’ve finally turned the corner on spring here in Texas. I posted this photo on Instagram last week and since then even more green has returned! This warmer weather has me thinking about spring recipes and looking forward to Easter just around the corner.
These Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Rolls are a springtime favorite… much like these Pumpkin Cheesecake Rolls are in the fall (seriously, a MUST make)… and it got me thinking that maybe I could turn one of my favorite cakes into one of these delicious little cheesecake bites. With some chopped pecans, sweetened coconut flakes, and German chocolate this dessert is totally transformed into something else. I love using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls in these recipes because they are not only delicious, but also so easy to use.
Check out this video to see how I made them:
Posted by Grace and Good Eats on Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Head to your local Walmart and buy a 2 count package of Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Original Crescent Rolls and all the ingredients you need to make these German Chocolate Cheesecake Rolls. Get more inspiration for your spring baking with Pillsbury.
German Chocolate Cheesecake Rolls
- 2 tubes of Original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (available at Walmart)
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pecans , chopped
- 2 oz German chocolate
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Gently mix in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Prepare the Crescent Rolls by taking them out of the tube (do not unroll them!).
- Slice each log into six equal pieces.
- Use your thumb to press an indentation into the middle of each rounded slice (try to form a little cup).
- Place each cup into a muffin tin and fill with about 1 tbsp of the cheesecake filling. (These will puff up while baking, but be careful not to overfill them.)
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and pecans, flatten the top with your fingers to make a level surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Place the melted chocolate in a plastic bag and cut the tip of one corner.
- Drizzle the chocolate over each cheesecake roll.