Prepare yourself for the easiest dessert I have ever posted. Seriously- two ingredients. These cute little heart shaped cherry pies practically make themselves! You need Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough and Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling. That’s it!
The possibilities here are really endless. You could use another flavor pie filling, make a butter cream frosting (like my Sweetheart Sandwich Cookies), mix cream cheese with a fruit filling, sprinkle with powdered sugar, drizzle with chocolate. I think these would also be amazing with a lighter whipped cream filling, almost like a flaky cream puff. I obviously used a heart for Valentine’s day to cut out my dough, but you could switch it up to any shape you wish!
Serve these on date night with some bubbly, or get the kids in the kitchen and have fun cutting them out!
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- Gently unroll the dough from the tube- careful not to over handle it.
- Carefully use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into the desired shape.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes (until lightly golden brown).
- Allow the hearts to cool, spoon filling onto one heart and gently make a sandwich with another heart.