Watermelon Salad with crumbled Feta, fresh mint, and a light lime dressing makes for the perfect summertime dish. Serve as a side with grilled chicken or spoon over arugula for a quick meal.
We love to eat watermelon during the late summer months; it’s the perfect refreshing treat to snack on when it is blazing hot outside. There is nothing sweeter than a toddler with watermelon juice dripping off their chin as they run around outside.
After we eat our fill the first day we cut it, I always seem to end up with a ton leftover in my fridge. This simple Watermelon Salad is the perfect way to use up leftover watermelon. (Of course, you could also make this delicious Watermelon Margarita!)
How to Make Watermelon Salad
I know the ingredients may not look like they belong together but, trust me, it just works! For this simple salad recipe, you will need:
- red onion
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Feta cheese
You might be tempted to use already crumbled Feta, but it is worth the effort to do it yourself- I find it to be much more flavorful!
Watermelon Salad Dressing
I like to keep the dressing light with just a splash of lime juice and olive oil. Limes are one thing I always keep on hand in the summertime; they’re perfect for my Honey Lime Dressing and to add to Raspberry Lime Agua Frescas.
You could also add Greek seasoning to this dressing or drizzle with Balsamic vinegar instead.
- 3 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine cubed watermelon, diced cucumbers, sliced onions, and mint. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the watermelon mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for one day.