Football season is in full swing, and while I may not be a die-hard fan, I am a fan of game food! The girls really enjoy watching the game with James, and I love that we’re all gathered enjoying it together. I especially like Saturday afternoon college football games because I can throw something in the slow cooker after breakfast and then catch a little snooze on the couch while everyone else cheers on their teams. 🙂
This BBQ sauce is slightly sweet with a hint of heat from the chili powder and cayenne pepper. It’s a perfect complement to grilled chicken, wings, or brisket!
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 12 oz Dr Pepper®
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until mixture just starts to bubble.
- Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.