Made with just six simple ingredients, this Homemade Spaghettios with Meatballs is perfect for school lunches. Even better, it’s made in the slow cooker!
Back-to-school is here, friends! It’s the last weekend of summer. I hope you have all of the school supplies labeled, first day clothes all laid out, and lunchboxes ready to pack! I may not be able to help you with the first two, but I’m sharing a recipe today for Homemade Spaghettios with Meatballs that is sure to be a hit in your kiddos’ lunches. (Even better, it’s a slow cooker meal!).
There’s something nostalgic about Spaghettios and Meatballs; it reminds me of summers spent at my grandparents house playing card games and building forts in their sun-room. This homemade version has all the flavors of the original, with only a few simple ingredients. Send this family favorite to school in a thermos to keep warm and treat your kids to a hot lunch beyond the boring sandwich.
Ingredients for Spaghettios with Meatballs
Believe it or not, making homemade spaghettios requires very few ingredients! Here’s what’s used in this recipe:
- Frozen meatballs
- Tomato sauce
- Beef broth
- Italian seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Spaghettios with Meatballs
- Add the frozen meatballs to a large slow cooker. Top with sauce, broth, and spices.
- Cook on low, covered, for 5-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir the noodles and Parmesan into the sauce and continue cooking.
What Type of Meatballs Should I Use?
Any variety of frozen meatballs will work! I used regular sized, but if you can get your hands on mini meatballs those would work too. I haven’t tried it using homemade meatballs, but I would assume that would work fine if they were frozen first.
Can I Make This on the Stovetop?
Sure thing! Add the meatballs and sauce to a large pot and let simmer for about 45 minutes before adding in the pasta and cheese.
Tips for Making Homemade Spaghettios
- I used Texas-shaped pasta for this because… well, Texas… but feel free to use whatever small noodle you prefer.
- The noodles get added to the sauce uncooked. They take about 30 minutes to cook in the slow cooker!
- This recipe makes about 6 servings. Leftovers reheat wonderfully in the microwave!
More Kid-Friendly Lunches:
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Four Cheese Bacon Mac
- Southwest Chili Mac
- Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 1 pkg frozen meatballs (about 30)
- 2 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz noodles
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese , grated
- Add frozen meatballs to a large slow cooker.
- Top with sauce, broth, and spices.
- Simmer on low, covered, for 5-6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, stir the noodles and Parmesan into the sauce and let continue cooking.