Back-to-school is here, friends! It’s the last weekend of summer. I hope you have all of the school supplies labeled, first day clothes all laid out, and lunchboxes ready to pack! I may not be able to help you with the first two, but I’m sharing a recipe today for Homemade Spaghettios and Meatballs that is sure to be a hit in your kiddos lunches. (Even better- it’s a slow cooker meal!)
There’s something nostalgic about Spaghettios and Meatballs; it reminds me of summers spent at my grandparents house playing card games and building forts in their sun-room. This homemade version has all the flavors of the original with only a few simple ingredients. Send this family favorite to school in a thermos to keep warm and treat your kids to a hot lunch beyond the boring sandwich.
I used Texas shaped pasta for this because… well, Texas… but feel free to use whatever small noodle you prefer.
- 1 pkg frozen meatballs about 30
- 2 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz noodles
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- Add frozen meatballs to a large slow cooker.
- Top with sauce, broth, and spices.
- Simmer on low, covered, for 5-6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, stir the noodles and Parmesan into the sauce and let continue cooking.