I know, I know, food bloggers tend to throw around “best ever” a lot when describing our favorite recipes. But friends, these thirty minute chicken enchiladas really are the best ever. Full of flavor and SO easy to whip up! I’m all about quick and easy, delicious weeknight meals.
The secret to saving time with these chicken enchiladas is that I use a rotisserie chicken. Feel free to prepare your chicken however you like, but for me, it doesn’t get any easier than this. I love the flavor, and my kids love to snack on the dark meat while I’m prepping dinner.
I love to use fresh corn tortillas from a local restaurant- they are so soft and perfect for rolling. We pick up a dozen just about every week. Sometimes I splurge and buy some of their queso too and put a spoonful inside each enchilada for extra creamy, cheesy goodness. You can make these using your favorite red or green enchilada sauce. I usually use red sauce if I am making cheese or beef enchiladas, and green for chicken.
Serve with rice and beans, or chips and homemade guacamole (yum)! Or maybe even some frozen margs!
- 1 large chicken breast cooked & shredded
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- Fill each tortilla with chicken and cheese, roll up and place seam side down into an ungreased pan.
- Continue process for remaining tortillas.
- Cover rolled tortillas with enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.