Make these quick and easy Cake Mix Candy Bars by topping a cake-mix crust with marshmallows, milk chocolate candies, and peanuts. This simple dessert is my go-to for everything from tailgating to “last-minute company!” Kraft Heinz sponsored this post, but the opinions are my own.
I can’t let summer slip by without sharing these super Easy 4-Layer Bars! I made these for a potluck a few weeks ago and they couldn’t be easier. Only six ingredients needed; and all items I usually keep on hand or can quickly pickup at Walmart. Bonus!
The secret ingredient to these Cake Mix Candy Bars is the mini marshmallows. Why have I never thought to add marshmallows instead of frosting?! That simple little swap saved me tons of time because I didn’t have to wait for the cake to cool, whip up the frosting, and spend time icing a cake. Which gives me more time to spend with friends or cheering for my favorite team.
Omitting the oil from the typical cake mix recipe found on the back of the box makes these bars more cookie like in texture. Still soft and crumby, but slightly more dense and able to be picked up and eaten by hand.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can easily customize the colors of the candy-coated chocolate pieces to match your party theme (or team colors!). How perfect would these Cake Mix Candy Bars be for tailgating? (Especially because they travel well and can be eaten without a fork.) Labor Day, the “unofficial” start of football season, is right around the corner and the game day parties will be starting before you know it.
Get all your game day needs, including all of the ingredients needed to make these Easy 4-Layer Bars at Walmart. Or for more yummy “Grab. Go. Wow.” meal planning made easy solutions visit: GrabGoWow.com.
- 1 pkg. 2-layer size yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 3 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine dry cake mix, butter and egg; spread onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 16 to 18 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top immediately with remaining ingredients. Bake 2 min. or until marshmallows begin to melt. Cool completely before cutting into bars.