These Rocky Road Candy Bars are covered in chocolate and bursting with marshmallows and peanuts. Gooey, crunchy, and so easy to make!
These Rocky Road Candy Bars remind me of my favorite Mississippi Mud Cake. Full of chocolate, bursting with gooey marshmallows, and chock full of crunchy peanuts.
What’s in Rocky Road Candy Bars?
These rocky road bars are made with just five pantry staples:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Dry roasted peanuts
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make Rocky Road Candy Bars
- In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter.
- Once smooth and melted, pour over the marshmallows and peanuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper-lined 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Let sit for 2 hours until firm.
How to Store Rocky Road
Loosely cover leftovers and let sit out at room temperature. Rocky road bars will last up to 1 week.
Can I Add Other Mix-Ins?
I’m sure you could! The recipe I’ve given below contains the traditional rocky road mix-ins, but feel free to mix and match as desired. These Cake Mix Candy Bars are another fun treat with loads of mix-ins.
Tips for Making Rocky Road Candy
- I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because I didn’t want these bars to be too sweet. But you’re welcome to use milk or dark chocolate chips, if desired.
- If you only have regular marshmallows on hand, dice them into bite-sized pieces before mixing them in with the chocolate.
- I prefer using dry roasted peanuts in this recipe as I think they have a stronger flavor and better texture than raw peanuts.
Looking for More Peanut Recipes?
- Heart-Shaped Dark Chocolate Covered Peanuts
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 10.5 oz package miniature marshmallows
- Line a 13×9-inch pan with parchment paper, extending over the edges of the pan. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine peanuts and marshmallows.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove candy from pan; peel away parchment paper and cut into squares.