Are you a fan of popcorn? I can take it or leave it. It always smells so amazing freshly popped, but after a big handful I’ve usually had my fill. It’s my husband’s favorite snack (second maybe to chips and salsa) and he likes to have a big bowl of it while we catch up on the DVR after the kiddos go to bed.
I may not be a huge fan of popcorn, but I am a huge fan of chocolate. Toss in some M&M candies and salty peanuts with a sweet, buttery caramel sauce and you won’t be able to put this popcorn down!
You can use any variety of M&M candies, I’ve obviously chosen the red and green holiday bag for these. Perfect to wrap up and gift to neighbors, friends, or coworkers!
- 1 bag of popped popcorn about 10 cups
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- Combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, and vanilla over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Stir frequently until mixture is smooth and completely melted.
- Mix peanuts with popcorn.
- Pour the warm sugar mixture over the popcorn and peanuts.
- Stir until well coated, and turn out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange popcorn in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with half the M&M candies (and sprinkles, optional).
- Stir once, and top with remaining M&M candies.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over popcorn.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is hard set.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!