Y’all I am so glad the cooler weather is here. (Remind me I said that in a few weeks when I’m complaining about how stinkin’ cold it is.) I love the “week” of Fall we get here in Texas were the weather is perfect- not too hot, not too cold. This is baking weather.
During the summer I do just about anything to NOT have to turn on the oven, which rarely worked out for me because for some reason my family just wasn’t on board with that plan. With the cooler temps comes comfort food- hearty soups and casseroles, meat and potatoes, rugged winter vegetables.
Winter months are also when I like to stock my freezer- either by preparing extra of meals, or by shopping sales. It’s a win/win… by doing this I don’t have to make as many trips to the store (and brave the cold!) and it saves me time.
My family loves this recipe, and I love that it is SO easy and can be on the table in under 20 minutes. My theory is that if you cover just about anything with cheese my kids will eat it, but with this my six year old will ask for seconds.
- 1 bag frozen red skin potatoes
- 1 Hillshire Farm® Angus Rope Smoked Sausage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp wing sauce
- 1/2 colby jack cheese shredded
- parsley to garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the frozen potatoes on a cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment paper).
- Mix together olive oil, pepper, paprika, garlic, and wing sauce.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2in pieces.
- Coat the sausage in the sauce mixture.
- Drop the meat onto the baking sheet with potatoes, discard the leftover sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and potatoes are cooked through.
- Top with dried parsley if desired.