Reese’s Pieces are one of my favorite types of candy. I try not to keep them in the house because it’s one of those things where I set out with the intention to “only eat a few” and before I know it the bag is empty. Rice Krispie Treats, like these that I made last Valentine’s Day, are one of my favorite treats to switch up based on whatever holiday season it is. I love these classic Fall colors mixed into this timeless treat.
Some tips for making these: Don’t add the candy too soon or it will melt with the hot marshmallow mixture. Mix them in at the last second before pouring them into your pan to cool. I line my pan with parchment paper for quick and easy removal. (Seriously, do it!) I spray a little baking spray on my fingers to smash down any wayward rice krispies and get a smooth uniform shape. When you are ready to cut them into squares, use a sharp knife and using a “sawing” motion. I’ve found this helps if your treats aren’t completely set yet.
- 1 package marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie's cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces candy
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- After the mixture is completely melted, pour over the rice krispies in a large bowl.
- Stir together until well combined. Gently stir in the Reese's Pieces.
- Use a spatula to transfer the mixture to a large pan, either greased with butter or lined with parchment paper.
What’s your favorite candy? Anyone else looking forward to raiding your kid’s trick or treat bag next month? I mean, not that I do that…