Are you a Black Friday shopper? Up at the crack of dawn, standing outside the store, ready to scoop up amazing deals? I’m usually still too full from the day before to get out of bed in time for any of that- ha! One year I “accidentally” got in on one of the sales- I went the night of Thanksgiving to pick something up, and didn’t realize until I was walking towards the line outside the store that their sales had started. I did end up with a few unexpected impulse purchases though. 🙂
These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are perfect for your day after Thanksgiving breakfast. Easy to grab and go out the door to get your shop on, or light enough to save room for leftovers later if shopping isn’t your thing. They have a subtle pumpkin pie spice flavor, without any pumpkin pie filling. Easy to whip up the night before, but best served warm. You just can’t beat a hot from the oven muffin.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour all-purpose
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just mixed in. Add the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until well combined.
- Mix a quarter of the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture, followed by a third of the milk. Continue mixing in the remaining dry ingredients and milk alternately, ending with the dry. Mix until well combined and smooth, but don't over-mix. The batter will be very thick.
- Scoop enough batter into each muffin tin so that the top of the batter is even with the rim of the cup. (I like to use a large cookie scoop for this.)
- Bake the muffins until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.