If I had to pick a favorite dessert it would have to be pecan pie. I love the sticky sweet filling and the crunchy baked pecans, but I never eat the crust. Which is funny because with fruit pies I only eat the crust and leave the filling. I have pie problems.
I took my favorite flavors from traditional pecan pie and created this chewy granola. I’ve just been eating it by the handful, but it would also be good with milk or yogurt. YUM. Any excuse to have “dessert” for breakfast is ok with me.
Pecan Pie Granola
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup Karo light syrup
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Combine Karo, vanilla, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until mixture is melted and combined, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over oats and pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and break up large pieces as needed.