Even though I’m not the one that cooks the big Christmas dinner, I still end up with my fair share of leftovers. Don’t get me wrong, leftovers are fantastic – especially the smoked ham, Southern-Style Cornbread Dressing, and rolls– but it doesn’t take long before you are ready for something else. These Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Enchiladas are the perfect solution to leftover holiday ham!
The best part about these breakfast enchiladas is that they don’t resemble the original meal at all, and also that you can enjoy them for breakfast or dinner! (Make a batch of my Restaurant-Style Salsa to serve on top.)
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Enchiladas
- 2 cups cubed and cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- Spray a 9x13in backing dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together ham, green onions, and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Spoon the ham mixture onto a flour tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place in baking dish. Line them up close together so the sides touch. Repeat until the baking dish is full.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, salt, and flour. Pour over tortillas.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake covered for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until tops are golden brown, cheese is melted, and egg mixture is set.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or additional green onions.