This Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes recipe is a delicious one pot wonder that only requires 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time. Serve it with rolls and you have dinner in under an hour!
I made this Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes for dinner last night and it was too yummy and too easy not to share! I love meals that don’t require a lot of ingredients, don’t take forever to prep, and can be made in one pan.
Not to mention, I’m always looking for new ways to make chicken. This Healthy BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is another quick and easy favorite.
Oven-Baked Green Beans
I also had to share it because it was a huge personal victory for me: my first time eating green beans.
Eating them AND enjoying them, not just “choking them down because they’re supposed to be good for you.” Ha! Growing up my mom made green beans all the time, and I can remember not liking the smell of microwaved green beans from a can, but I never tried them.
James says they make them all the time at the fire department cooked in bacon grease with onions. How bad can that be!? I might eat a lot more vegetables if they were cooked with bacon. (Like these Bacon Baked Beans, another firehouse favorite.)
All The Butter
A few people have left comments with worry about the amount of butter in this dish. Keep in mind that the nutrition facts include the full amount of butter, BUT you aren’t actually eating all the butter! I use a slotted spoon to scoop out my chicken, green beans, and potatoes and leave the liquid behind.
I served this Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes recipe with Sister Shubert’s frozen dinner rolls, a go-to in our house when I’m pressed for time or don’t feel like making rolls from scratch. I like that they have minimal ingredients and only take 5-10 minutes to bake. (Not an AD, I just love them.) I popped them in the oven while I was slicing the chicken and plating for the kiddos.
Pro tip: I always bake a few extra rolls for dessert to eat with honey- SO good!
Recipe Tester Notes
- Always make sure that your meat is fully cooked. Occasionally, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast, I find that I need to pop this back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- You may only need two potatoes, again depending on size. You should have some overlap, but don’t pile them up too much or it will impact the baking time. You can also swap out russet potatoes with baby reds.
Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes
- 2 cups green beans
- 2-3 medium russet potatoes
- 2-3 large chicken breasts thawed or fresh
- 1 pkg Italian dressing mix
- 8 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the green beans and potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Slice green beans into bite size pieces.
- Line one side of a 9x13 baking dish with green beans and line the other with the chunks of potato.
- Place the chicken breast between the green beans and potatoes. (I sliced my chicken in half to make thinner pieces of meat)
- Cut the butter into 1 tbsp squares and place evenly over the green beans, chicken, and potatoes.
- Sprinkle entire dish with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour.
Originally published January 8, 2015. Updated August 22, 2018.
Looking for more one-dish dinners? Try these: