These Bacon Baked Beans are loaded with bacon, so simple to make, and full of sweet, tangy flavor. The perfect side dish for a family BBQ or potluck.
A few weeks ago I flew to Florida with my Dad to visit my grandparents. We had such a wonderful visit — staying up way too late visiting and eating way too much good food. They were really excited to take us to one of their favorite local BBQ restaurants in hopes that it would be a little taste of home.
The restaurant was great — tender pulled pork, sky high whipped potatoes, and fluffy biscuits graced the table. The one thing that was missing from our meal was a big bowl of southern-style baked beans.
I’ve been craving baked beans with bacon ever since we got home, so I decided to make a big batch for us to eat on all week. This is my favorite recipe for baked beans — it’s one that my husband picked up from working at the fire station, and it tends to have more bacon than beans, which is how I like it. 🙂
I’ve never entered this easy baked beans recipe in any official contests, but it is definitely award winning at my dinner table. These bacon baked beans are crowd pleasing, whether it be hungry firemen or picky kids.
What’s in These Baked Beans with Bacon?
These really are such easy baked beans with bacon! Here’s all you’ll need to make bacon baked beans in the oven:
- Canned pork and beans
- Brown sugar
How to Make Bacon Baked Beans
- Add diced onion and cubed bacon into a skillet and cook until the bacon is done.
- Rinse and drain one can of beans. Add it to the skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 400ºF until heated through and the beans are bubbling.
Can You Double This Recipe?
Definitely! This recipe easily doubles.
Can You Prep Baked Beans with Bacon in Advance?
Yes! I actually think these bacon baked beans are even better the next day after the bold and spicy flavors marinate in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Baked Beans?
Yes, but note that the texture of the bacon and/or beans may change slightly after being thawed and reheated in the oven.
Tips for Making the Best Ever Baked Beans
I used regular pork bacon to make these baked beans with bacon, but you’re welcome to use any bacon you’d like.
Note that you only rinse and drain one can of beans. Add the other two as is.
Lastly, be sure to push the bacon down below the beans before baking to ensure it stays tender.
More Easy BBQ Side Dishes:
- Slow Cooked Bacon and Beans
- Cheesy Italian Canned Baked Beans
- Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Green Chile Mac and Cheese
- Queso Fresco Guacamole
- 3 15oz cans pork and beans
- 1/4 cup onion , diced
- 12-15 slices bacon , cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Cook the diced onion and cubed bacon in a large skillet.
- Once the bacon is fully cooked, drain and discard the fat.
- Rinse and drain one can of beans, add to the skillet with bacon and onion.
- Add all other remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Yes, only rinse and drain one can of beans. Add the other two as is.
- Push the bacon down below the beans before baking to ensure it stays tender.
- After 20 minutes, the beans should be hot and bubbly.