These Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sticks are perfect to stir in coffee or hot cocoa. So easy to make and perfect to gift!
I’m a big fan of hot cocoa on a cold winter day. My kiddos love it when I setup a hot cocoa bar for us to enjoy while snuggled up under a blanket by the fire or watching a movie. Sometimes I whip up these chocolate dipped peppermint sticks for an extra special treat. You can obviously just enjoy them as is, but my husband and I like to drop one in our cup of coffee for a quick peppermint mocha. They take no time at all to put together!
You can use just about any variety of chocolate you have on hand- white, dark, semi-sweet, etc. When I make these chocolate dipped candy canes I typically use whatever we have on hand, usually semi-sweet chocolate chips. We like to dip ours in sprinkles, marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips.
These are also great to gift for teachers and neighbors around the holidays. Package a few of the chocolate dipped peppermint sticks up with some homemade hot cocoa mix or a fancy package of your favorite coffee. You could even include some of these yummy Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies.
- Chocolate chips or other chocolate for melting
- Peppermint sticks or candy canes
- Assortment of sprinkles marshmallows, or mini chocolate chips
- Line a large baking pan with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, starting with 30 second increments. Stir and repeat until melted.
- Dip peppermint sticks in melted chocolate, gently tap to allow excess to drip off.
- Lay the chocolate dipped peppermint sticks on wax paper lined baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles or other mini candies.
- Allow chocolate to harden or place in refrigerate for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Keep covered until ready to serve.
These Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are also a fun Christmas treat!