Now that I’ve made my first pumpkin recipe of the season, candy corn was the next logical fall ingredient right? Candy corn- you either hate it or you love it. I’m actually not a big fan, but my family likes it.
With temperatures still over 100 degrees here in Texas I’m trying to ease my way into fall baking, and what better way with a no bake treat. Cookie bark is super easy (and forgiving) so there’s no real “recipe” for it. Just estimate what you need based on the size of pan you plan to use. Start with enough crushed cookies and candy to cover the bottom of the pan and then cover with almond bark. I used equal parts of orange candy melts and white almond bark to make this candy corn cookie bark.
This is a great recipe to make with kids. My daughter loves to help me crush the cookies- I place them inside a ziploc bag and let her go to town with a rolling pin. She’s also a big help measuring out ingredients or swirling the orange and white together. No bake recipes are perfect for getting kids started in the kitchen.
- Chocolate wafer cookies
- Candy Corn
- Orange candy melts
- White chocolate almond bark
- Arrange the crushed cookies and candy corn into a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat the almond bark/candy melts in the microwave at 30 second intervals (50% power) until melted.
- Pour on top of the cookie/candy mixture, use a spoon to swirl and smooth out to the desired thickness.
- Place in the refrigerator until the almond bark hardens.
- Remove and chop into pieces as desired.
Looking for more Candy Corn treats? Here are a few from friends:
Candy Corn Pretzel Fudge from Lil Luna
Candy Corn Krispie Treats from Glorious Treats
Candy Corn Oreo Truffles from My Baking Addiction