This Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes recipe is a delicious one pot wonder that only requires 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time. Serve it with rolls and you have dinner in under an hour!
I made this Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes for dinner last night and it was too yummy and too easy not to share! I didn’t get out the fancy camera and take any pictures- one, because it was late at night and the sun had gone down, and second, because it was gone before I even had the chance. I love meals that don’t require a lot of ingredients, don’t take forever to prep, and can be made in one pan! Not to mention, I’m always looking for new ways to make chicken.
I also had to share it because it was a huge personal victory for me: my first time eating green beans. Ever. And enjoying them, not just “choking them down because they’re supposed to be good for you”. Ha! Growing up my mom made green beans all the time, and I can remember not liking the smell of microwaved green beans from a can, but I never tried them. James says they make them all the time at the fire department cooked in bacon grease with onions. How bad can that be!? I might eat a lot more vegetables if they were cooked with bacon. 🙂
I served this with Sister Shubert’s frozen dinner rolls, a go-to in our house when I’m pressed for time or don’t feel like making rolls from scratch. I like that they have minimal ingredients and only take 5-10 minutes to bake. (Not an ad, I just love them.) I popped them in the oven while I was slicing the chicken and plating for the kiddos. I always bake a few extra too for dessert to eat with honey- SO good.
- 2 cups green beans
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 2-3 large chicken breasts, thawed or fresh
- 1 pkg Italian dressing mix
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the green beans and potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Slice green beans into bite size pieces.
- Line one side of a 9x13 baking dish with green beans and line the other with the chunks of potato.
- Place the chicken breast between the green beans and potatoes. (I sliced my chicken in half to make thinner pieces of meat)
- Cut the butter into 1 tbsp squares and place evenly over the green beans, chicken, and potatoes.
- Sprinkle entire dish with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour.