I’ve been M.I.A. from the blog lately. Turns out this pregnancy has been a little rough on me the first few weeks and looking at food or thinking about food or making food was not on my list of favorite things to do. Ironically though, EATING food has been about the only thing that makes me feel better. I’ve had zero energy and all day nausea which doesn’t really go well when you have a house full of people who like to eat. I’ve been relying on my slow cooker, and my sweet husband, a lot more lately to make dinner for me.
We made this Slow Cooker Shredded Taco Chicken a few weeks ago, and it did not disappoint! It was so flavorful and could easily be added to tacos (like we did) or enchiladas, salad, etc. It would even be yummy on nachos like my Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Nachos.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 8 oz Zesty Italian dressing We use Kraft
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing mix We use Hidden Valley
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Mix the Ranch dressing mix with 1/2 cup of water.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 5 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked. It should be fork tender.
- Shred with a fork and serve as desired.
Monday 26th of June 2017
Sunday 24th of May 2015
Chicken is so versatile and can do so much with the different flavours you can add,Tacos are are an amazing snack and having recently exhausted my love of chicken will use this recipe for when friends come to visit.
Thalia @ butter and brioche
Saturday 23rd of May 2015
Definitely craving tacos after seeing this post - thanks for reminding me how long it's been since I last made them!