I’m a big fan of grab and go breakfasts that can be made ahead of time. Well, let’s be honest, I’m a fan of breakfast in general. My eight-year-old doesn’t share my same love for all things french toast, pancakes, and breakfast casseroles though.
Some mornings it’s tough to get her to eat a nutritious breakfast before heading out the door to school. She’s also somewhat of a slow-poke in the mornings, something she definitely gets from her mother, so we need breakfast foods that can be eaten quickly when we’re running late.
What’s better with a cup of coffee than a delicious piece of banana bread or a yummy muffin? Even better if you combine the two and throw in some chocolate chips for good measure. These Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are just what your mornings have been missing.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 4 tbsp buttermilk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.