I had bananas going brown on my counter and decided to make up some muffins. I wanted to make sure my kiddo liked them so I could plan to put some in her lunchbox in a few weeks. I added cinnamon, oatmeal, and raisins and the result was a delicious banana bread meets oatmeal cookie flavor.
Oatmeal Raisin Banana Muffins
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup California Raisins
- For the topping: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, and 1 tbsp. melted butter; set aside.
- For muffins: Mash bananas in a medium bowl.
- Stir in egg and milk. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and remaining amounts of oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in raisins, don't over mix, the batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle each with topping.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.