My kiddos love to snack on fresh fruit which means I occasionally end up with a handful or two leftover that needs to be used up quickly. Because of this we’ve been obsessed with fruit recipes this summer- like my Mixed Berry Fruit Galette and Peaches and Brie Puff Pastry. These jumbo blueberry muffins are a perfect way to use up any extra blueberries you might have laying around. (Isabella also loves it when I add them to our favorite pancake recipe.)
This is somewhat of a “small batch” recipe (like my Small Batch, One Bowl, Perfect Muffins) because it only makes 9 muffins – but they are generous in size. I prefer big, puffy muffins over the ones with flat tops. If you need to get a full dozen just use a little less batter in each muffin cup to stretch it for twelve. My kids love them topped with sugar (of course!) for a little sweet crunch.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Combine vegetable oil, egg, and milk and mix into flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost completely to the top.
- Top with additional ½ cup sugar just before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.