Don’t pass these cookies by just because you think you don’t like pumpkin. I’m the first to admit pumpkin isn’t my favorite flavor, but I think that’s because most of us immediately associate it with pumpkin pie- which is overwhelmingly pumpkin-y. After making my Pumpkin Cheesecake Rolls and Pumpkin Apple Butter, I am starting to come around. Still unsure? What if I told you these cookies don’t even contain any pumpkin?
The secret to these cookies is a package of Jell-O instant Pumpkin Spice pudding mix. Pudding mix does magical things when added to cookies. Just make a batch of my Very Vanilla Pudding Cookies if you don’t believe me. These Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal cookies seriously might be my new favorite cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix (3.4oz)
- 2 cups instant oats
- Beat butter, sugars, and eggs until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and blend well.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Do not over bake- these will be puffy when fresh out of the oven, allow them to cool and settle on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
Looking for more oatmeal cookie recipes? Check out my White Chocolate Oatmeal Walnut Cookies.