Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Fettuccine Pasta- an indulgent creamy sauce of Parmesan, feta, and roasted red peppers. An easy restaurant quality dish you can make at home.
Before we continue with the recipe for this Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Fettuccine I feel like we should discuss what it is and what it is not. It is a delicious, restaurant quality pasta dish. It is full of flavor and heavy cream and real butter. (Amen) It is not diet or light anything. It is a recipe you should tuck away for when you have company coming over that you want to impress. It is not something you should wait to make.
It’s no secret that I love pasta, especially with thick, creamy, cheesy sauce. This recipe is my new favorite here on the blog. I’m not 100% sure what my previous favorite was, maybe my Breakfast Cheesecake or Easy Lemon Bars or Parmesan Tortellini and Tomatoes, but there is definitely a new front runner. I tossed in leftover rotisserie chicken to mine before serving, but it would also be delicious with spicy sausage, or just as is with a fresh salad. You know, to balance out the rich pasta! 😉
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers- drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Cook the pasta noodles as directed.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the red peppers, cream, feta, and half of the Parmesan cheese into a blender; blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and butter to a large skillet, stirring constantly to create a thick paste.
- Add the garlic and continue stirring, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the blended red pepper mixture to the butter roux, stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes until sauce is heated through.
- Drain the cooked pasta and toss into the sauce.
- Top with basil or additional Parmesan.