Make your own margaritas at home with a blender and a few simple ingredients. This Frozen Cranberry Margarita is perfect for taco Tuesday or relaxing on the patio.
I use my Blendtec Blender for everything from protein shakes to salsa to soup, but it’s also perfect when you want to make your own margaritas at home! These frozen cranberry margaritas pair perfectly with Tex-Mex, but are also great for the holiday season. I love the bright red paired with a pop of green from the lime.
The bright red also reminds me of this yummy Strawberry Frozen Rose.
It’s easy to make your own margaritas at home. Just grab your favorite bottle of tequila and pair it with your favorite fruit juice. My husband likes his margaritas on the rocks (poured over ice) and I prefer frozen margaritas (blended with ice). Depending on the flavors in the margarita, I will either choose to salt the rim or sweeten the rim with sugar.
Two easy ways to salt the rim of a margarita glass:
- Fill a shallow bowl or dish with lemon or lime juice, turn your margarita glass upside down and dip the top in the fruit juice. Immediately dip the wet rim into a bowl of salt or sugar.
- Cut a lemon or lime wedge and use it to moisten the rim of the margarita glass. Immediately dip the moistened rim into a bowl of salt or sugar.
A classic margarita recipe is made with tequila, but I’ve seen yummy versions made with rum and vodka mixed in as well. I’ve even seen margaritas with a beer turned upside down in them. Get creative in the kitchen and try this Cranberry Margarita Recipe for yourself!
Frozen Cranberry Margaritas
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liquor (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 6 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on lowest speed until desired consistency.
- Serve in sugar or salt rimmed glasses.