This Breakfast Sandwich Casserole takes all the yummy ingredients of a sausage breakfast sandwich but even easier to make. Even better the next day, reheated and topped with homemade salsa.
I love breakfast sandwiches, but they aren’t the easiest or fastest thing to make for a crowd. It’s hard to cook them individually but have them all hot and ready to sit down and enjoy together. This Breakfast Sandwich Casserole combines all the yummy ingredients of a sausage breakfast sandwich but makes it even easier to make!
You can find this Breakfast Sandwich Casserole can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight. The egg soaks into the English muffins and make them even more delicious after baking.
Like most casseroles, this Breakfast Sandwich Casserole is excellent the next day and reheats really well. It can also easily be customized to your family. Top with salsa, diced tomatoes, green onions, or substitute bacon for sausage.
- 6 English muffins split
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage cooked & crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cube the English muffins and add half in a single layer in a square or 2 qt baking dish.
- Top with half of the cooked sausage and cheese.
- Layer the remaining English muffins, sausage, and remaining cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, but can be left overnight.
- Set the cold pan into the oven while preheating the oven.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes at 325 degrees or until eggs are set.
I am a brand ambassador with Great Day Farms. My relationship with them may include compensation, coupons, or products for review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.