I have a relationship with Hamilton Beach as a Brand Ambassador. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Soup is one of my favorite fall weather foods- bonus points if it’s slow cooker soup! Any opportunity to throw stuff in, walk away, and come back to dinner is a win in my book. This recipe fits the bill perfectly. It’s almost like a mix between roasted chicken, potatoes and carrots (which I LOVE) and chicken noodle soup (without the noodles). Big pieces of juicy white meat chicken, tender carrots, and hearty chunks of new potatoes make this a favorite around our house.
I made this Harvest Chicken and Potatoes in my new Hamilton Beach Programmable Stay or Go® 6 Quart Slow Cooker. I love the larger 6 quart size- perfect for 6lb chicken or 4lb roast, or a recipe like this that’s loaded up with bulky potatoes. Slow cookers are known for cooking chili, soups and stews, but they’re also perfect for side dishes and desserts! (My friend Julie just posted a recipe for a 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake that sounds delicious!)
One of my favorite features of this slow cooker is that when the cooking cycle is complete, it automatically shifts to keep warm. Other thoughtful features include a clip-locked lid with a tight seal for spill-resistant travel and full-grip handles to make carrying easy. At serving time, the hinged lid stays up and out of the way. Perfect to take along to game day parties!
Harvest Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-in pieces
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz small new potatoes scrubbed and quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots cut into thirds
- 2 celery stalks cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- In a medium bowl, stir chicken together with 2 tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper; add to the slow cooker.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, poultry seasoning, and broth.
- Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for six hours.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining flour with butter until a paste forms.
- Push the chicken and veggies to one side, or remove if necessary, and whisk the paste into the liquid.
- Stir all contents back together and cook one more hour or until thickened.
I’ve partnered with Hamilton Beach to give away a Programmable Stay or Go® 6 Quart Slow Cooker! Enter for a chance to win below, conditions apply:
Looking for more slow cooker favorites?